[Mailman-Users] mailinglist for my football team

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jun 5 18:14:48 CEST 2011

On 6/5/11 5:22 AM, geert Geurts wrote:
> Hello list,
> I'm trying to create a mailinglist for the football team I'm part of.
> So I want all subscribed members to be able to add additional addresses,
> everyone should be allowed to modify the list of people receiving the mails,
> and for the rest all subscription attempts should be disabled.

Mailman 2.1 does not have a concept of multiple addresses per user. Each
address is a separate list member. A member can change his/her address,
but cannot add additional addresses other than by subscribing them. This
will change in Mailman 3, but that is not yet ready for production use.

You could possibly accomplish what you want by giving all team members
the list administrative password. Then they could do these and other
administrative tasks, but I suspect this would be difficult to control.

> Than after that I would also like to create some scripts which asks every
> week who is going to play that week, and creates a public available website
> which states who is going to be there. But that is a second step...

I don't think Mailman is a good fit for your requirements. I think you
would be better off creating a web application designed around your
requirements.

San Francisco Bay Area, California    Better use your sense - B. Dylan