[Mailman-Users] reboot servers

Khalil Abbas khillo100 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 3 13:56:12 CEST 2011

The servers are all vps'es with 256 ram.. and the lists are as big as 33,000
subscribers per list, 3 lists per vps.. it's one big mailing list for a TV
station and newspaper.. only one message (newsletter) is sent out every day
to the subscribers.. but setting:

SMTP_MAX_RCPTS  to only 5 in mailman resulted in a huge number of messages
generated by mailman that halts the servers, that's why I every hour stop
mailman then stop postfix then reboot the servers to free up the memory and
continue distributing the mail..

my question is, is this a good solution? or should I split them into very
small lists then send the same message every hour after making sure that the
servers finished distributing the mail for the previous lists?

Thanks..