[Mailman-Users] reboot servers

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Jun 1 17:40:39 CEST 2011

On 6/1/2011 3:31 AM, Mollatt Ntini wrote:

> I think Ralf is right. Lower the process limit, else your load will stay on
> high and you may lose or end up having duplicated messages. Maybe other
> problems too.

Defintely.  If you don't have the resources for instant use, you need to get
them or use them more gradually. Lowering the postfix process count will
help that. IIRC, you can twiddle mailman to attempt fewer message per MTA
connection. You can remove other loads from the system (what else is it
doing?). Rebooting is not the answer, and really unnecessary if you
stop/start the big processes.

z!