[Mailman-Users] Setting options via email - confirmation rather than password?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 1 17:27:09 CEST 2011

On 6/1/11 1:56 AM, Andrew Hodgson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way in Mailman to allow the users to set options
> (usually nomail style options) without the password argument?  The
> system would then send out a confirmation email which the user could
> reply or click a link in the email to confirm.

This would require significant source modifications.

> We have a lot of users who subscribe by sending to
> list-subscribe at domain.com and replying to the confirmation mail, they
> don't go near the web interface :)

But they should get a welcome message with their password when they
subscribe, and they should get monthly password reminders, or if they
don't, they can request a reminder via the email 'password' command.

You could edit the list's welcome message to further emphasize that they
need their password to set options such as no mail and perhaps to
explain how to change their password.

San Francisco Bay Area, California    Better use your sense - B. Dylan