[Mailman-Users] mailman problem with exim

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jul 30 15:57:25 CEST 2011

Lorenzo Coronati wrote:

>mailman_router:
>   driver = accept
>   domains = +mm_domains

What is your definition of mm_domains?

>   require_files = MAILMAN_LISTCHK

What are your defininitions of MAILMAN_LISTCHK, MAILMAN_HOME,
MAILMAN_USER and MAILMAN_GROUP

>   local_part_suffix_optional
>   local_part_suffix = -bounces : -bounces+* : \
>                       -confirm+* : -join : -leave : \
>                       -owner : -request : -admin

The list above should probably also include -confirm, -subscribe and
-unsubscribe.

>   headers_remove = X-Spam-Score:X-Spam-Report
>   transport = mailman_transport
>

>and the transport follows:
>
>mailman_transport:
>   driver = pipe
>   command = MAILMAN_WRAP \
>             '${if def:local_part_suffix \
>                   {${sg{$local_part_suffix}{-(\\w+)(\\+.*)?}{\$1}}} \
>                   {post}}' \
>             $local_part
>   current_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
>   home_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
>   user = MAILMAN_USER
>   group = MAILMAN_GROUP
>

>I copied both from one of the many tutorials on the web, and adjusted
>only the variables in capitals...

There should be

domainlist mm_domains=aips.it

or maybe

domainlist mm_domains=aips.it:other.list.domain:...

in your configuration. Your OP showed your list mail was using the
transport 'address_pipe', not 'mailman_transport'. If your
mailman_router is first and you are still seeing the same errors with
the address_pipe transport, some condition in your mailman_router is
not being met. Either, your mm_domains domain list does not include
your list domain(s) or your MAILMAN_LISTCHK macro doesn't expand to
the correct /path/to/lists/LISTNAME/config.pck.

Note that if you installed Mailman from a RedHat/CentOS rpm, most
examples on the web won't work because the mail wrapper mail/mailman
and the lists/ directory are not in the same MM_HOME directory. I.e.
the wrapper is /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman and the list directory is
/var/lib/mailman/lists/.