[Mailman-Users] moving mailman to another server

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 29 16:43:00 CEST 2011

myron wrote:

>I think it's working now. When I run bin/check_perms I get 10 listed
>problems--all links.
>I looked at some of the links and they are right. I assume the rest
>are too.
>
>However, when I create a newlist, it is made with the same wrong
>permissions, but running
>bin/check_perms doesn't report it. So, I'm guessing that all I need to
>do is set www-data:list
>on the list whenever I create a new list.

Exactly which directories/files get incorrect owner:group? What exactly
is the incorrect owner:group? Is the superordinate directory group
'list' and SETGID?

Note that in general the owner is irrelevant but the group should
always be 'list'. The only place owner matters is on the single
directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/private and only if it is not o+x.
See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/tYA9> and the installation
manual at <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node9.html> for further
information.