[Mailman-Users] Odd Subscriptions

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jul 17 20:53:39 CEST 2011

On 7/17/2011 10:38 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>:

>> I eventually got a couple of subscription requests from addresses
>> similar to what you describe at apotmail.com. I discarded the requests
>> and added
>>
>> ^.*[@.]apotmail\.com$
>>
>> to the ban list of all my lists. Perhaps I'll change that to
>>
>> ^.*[@.]apot(mail)?\.com$
>>
>> based on what you saw.
>
> Would be cool if you could do that on mail.python.org as well!

I think you can do it much more easily than I. I could only do it on
mail.python.org one list at a time via the web interface.

There is a script at <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/add_banned.py> (and
mirrored at <http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/add_banned.py>) which
can be saved in Mailman's bin/ directory and then run via

bin/withlist -a -r add_banned -- '^.*[@.]apot(mail)?\.com$'

to add that re to the ban_list of all lists.