[Mailman-Users] Mail to some lists works, bounces for others

Luke Tymowski ltymowski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 21:23:02 CEST 2011

Hello,

> And has the /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases.db file been updated since
> those aliases were added?

What confused me was that these are all lists that have been around
for the last 6-7 years.

I moved the lists to a new server 2 weeks ago.
Most of the lists worked just fine.

So, yes, the aliases.db exists and was regenerated when I moved the
lists to the new server.

> In fact does Postfix even use those aliases?

Well, most of the lists worked, but some didn't.
I'd think if Postfix didn't know about those aliases, none of the
lists would work (it's the only place where the list handlers are
kept).

I fixed the issue by editing /etc/mailman/mm_cfg and changing:
MTA=none
MTA='Postfix'

Then running /var/lib/mailman/bin/genaliases

Mailman/Postfix were installed from apt-get.

Luke