[Mailman-Users] Mailman MySQL backend migration question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 7 18:56:18 CEST 2011

kphamilton wrote:

>I have actually accomplished this! Woohoo! I did upgrade as you said to
>MysqlMemberships.py.
>
>I accomplished the rest in a different manner than you suggested, so I will
>share if others attempt this.
>
>I used export in the /bin folder to export all list data in xml format.

But you must have somehow disabled the use of MysqlMemberships.py as
the MemberAdaptor for the running of bin/export.py or you would have
only gotten those members and settings that were already in the MySQL
database since bin/export.py uses the list's MemberAdaptor methods to
retrieve these things.