[Mailman-Users] Mailman MySQL backend migration question

kphamilton khamilton at umem.org
Tue Jul 5 22:23:22 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am attempting to migrate from using Mailman's flat file to store
information about members towards a MySQL database backend instead. I have
successfully configured it so that when I add a new member or change a
member, it changes appropriately with the database table. The problem is
that I have 1500+ people who already exist within the flat file and have
preferences stored in that file. I need to migrate the data from the flat
file to the mySQL database so that all of the preferences are preserved.

I have looked a little bit into .json files and importing the information in
that manner, but I have not found a solution that works for me.

Does anyone have any advice for me on this one?

Thanks in advance!

-Kevin