[Mailman-Users] mailpasswds error

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 1 17:56:16 CEST 2011

On 7/1/2011 8:27 AM, Dennis Putnam wrote:
> I am still struggling to get my monthly password reminder working. I had
> to change the site list from 'mailman' to 'dapmm' in order to create
> acceptable site mailbox names for my ISP. However, now when I run
> 'mailpasswds -l <listname> I get this error:
>
> Site list is missing: dapmm
>
> Obviously I am still missing a piece of the puzzle. The only change I
> made was "MAILMAN_SITE_LIST='dapmm'" to mm_cfg.py.

Apparently you also neglected to restart Mailman or you would have
gotten the same error there.

You have changed the name of the site list, but you haven't created a
list with the new name. Your old 'mailman' list is no longer the site
list. You can delete it and create a new 'dapmm' site list or rename the
'mailman' list to 'dapmm' per <http://wiki.list.org/x/mYA9>, or if for
some reason you want to keep the 'mailman' list, that's OK, but you must
have a site list and it's name is now 'dapmm', so you need to create it.

Then, restart Mailman.