[Mailman-Users] Content Filtering

Ruth Indeck soapbox at comcast.net
Mon Jan 17 17:47:46 CET 2011

I don't know a lot about scripts, so the most useful answers would involve just telling me what settings to use.

I would like to have content filtering turned on, because I would like to make sure that attachments don't go out on the list, and especially the dangerous ones.

Here are my problems (I have not yet added a lot of names, and am still in the testing stage):

1. When I try to turn Content Filtering on, my email (an announcement of shows at a folk club, with links and some html) comes through with the html intact and a message at the top saying:

"The message's content type was not explicitly allowed"

When I turn CF off, there is no strange message and the email comes through ok, but I worry that someone else might send an email with a bad attachment.

2. When I tried to send the same message with a pdf and a Word doc, just to test it, the message went through without any content at all -- neither the attachments nor the actual email message came through.

Here are the settings I am using:

Yes

Blank

multipart/mixed