[Mailman-Users] How to change the confirmation message subject line?

ValiDOM vali2011 at validom.de
Fri Jan 14 17:04:17 CET 2011

hi!

as soon as VERP_CONFIRMATION is set to yes in mailman configuration,
mailman sends out confirmation messages using the subject line "Your
confirmation is required to join the Mailman-Users mailing list"
(depending on the language setting of the list).

I tried to find this in FAQs, Mailinglist archives or on google - but
only found how to enable VERP. But nothing about how to change the
actual subject line text.

Does anybody know how to change the wording/text of the subject lines
in confirmation messages? I'd love to have something like "Please
subscribe to our newsletter..." ;-)

Thanks a lot,
ValiDOM