[Mailman-Users] Fwd: Re: How to allow Poster to change default reply to from the list to the poster

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Jan 7 03:57:25 CET 2011

Jason Bilbrey writes:
 > The other idea I had was to create a 2nd mailing list with the exact same
 > members and changing the reply for the 2nd list to go to the poster.  That
 > makes it easy for the poster...  Just wish I could automatically sync to the
 > two lists without having to manually add/remove people to the 2nd "mirrored"
 > list...

Don't add members, add lists.

Ie, the only member of the "reply to me" list is the discussion/
announcments list.  I don't think "Poster" is appropriate here; you
should set the reply-to explicitly to the quizmaster's address.  If
you have multiple quizmasters, you can have a separate owner password
for that list only, and give it to the quizmasters so that they can
reset the reply-to to their own address immediately before posting.

There may be additional configuration you want to do, to make it look
as though the quiz list is the same as the original, or maybe you
don't.

HTH