[Mailman-Users] Subscriber Counts - daily report

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Fri Jan 7 00:38:21 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 03:11:33PM -0500, Drew Tenenholz wrote:

> In our majordomo (yikes!) system, someone created some PERL and a

*cough*

    http://perldoc.perl.org/perlfaq1.html#What%27s-the-difference-between-%22perl%22-and-%22Perl%22%3f

> cron to send a daily message to the list admins (and other interested
> parties) about the number of subscribers to individual lists and a
> de-duped total number of subscribers with columns for yesterday's
> total, today's total, difference, %change, and list name.  Is anyone
> doing something similar in Mailman/Python?  Are you willing to share
> your code?

My cobbled together ones (and some other Mailman bits, I've still not
put all my bin-dirs in one place...) are at

http://code.amyl.org.uk/adam/mailman-scripts/debian/
(warning, that's my own box, so waits until others are fixed,
usually; if unavailable, try again a bit later on.)

probably most useful (if, indeed, useful at all) are:
    list-members-count
    list-stats
    mailman-subs-count
    mlist-stats

They do the jobs I wrote them for ;)

Each does something slightly different, and there are almost certainly
more elegant ways to do things. Most should just need changes to the
variables to Just Work For You.

Patches welcome...

--
"Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if
 they forget what it was to be young"