[Mailman-Users] https and virtual domains

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Feb 19 15:57:25 CET 2011

David Newman wrote:

>With the mm.cfg config pasted below, clicking the archives link on a
>list page for lists.domain2.tld redirects to
>
>https://mail.domain1.tld/pipermail/listname
>
>which fails because the list name is associated with domain2.tld and not
>domain1.tld.

Do you mean the link points to
https://mail.domain1.tld/pipermail/listname or that the link points to
https://lists.domain2.tld/pipermail/listname but when you follow it,
it is redirected.

If you mean the former, run Mailman's

 bin/withlist -l -r fix_url listname -u lists.domain2.tld

and that should fix it.

If you mean the latter, it is your web server configuration doing this.
To say more, we'd need to see the relevant pieces of your web server
configuration.

>Not sure if this is related, but this is after running 'withlist -l -r
>fix_url listname' on domain2.tld's mailing list and restarting mailman.

If you mean the above literally, that's the problem. You're missing the
-u lists.domain2.tld at the end of the above so fix_url used the
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and DEFAULT_URL_HOST values. Also, it is not
necessary to restart Mailman after running fix_url unless you also
made mm_cfg.py changes.

>Thanks in advance for configuration clues.

The following looks good.