[Mailman-Users] why "bounces"??????

David Arthur arthurd23 at bell.net
Sun Feb 6 15:02:06 CET 2011

I have a mailing list and am the owner and moderator.
People posting messages must be subscribers and the messages are sent to me as moderator to be approved.
Subscribers posting messages receive a message back saying their message is being held waiting for approval by the moderator.
I receive a message advising me there is a message awaiting approval.
However, the message the poster receives has the following in the From: box

From: <eeonlist-bounces at lists.eeon.org>

Why is the word "bounces" there?
The poster is a subscriber and neither my nor the mailing list box is full.
It has confused a number of subscribers who think their message did not go through when it had.
What can I do to correct this and avoid the confusion?

Dave