[Mailman-Users] upgrading list and other data from 2.1.9 to 2.1.14

Ivan Fetch ifetch at du.edu
Thu Feb 3 21:26:44 CET 2011

Hello,

Is it possible to copy list and archives data from a 2.1.9 Mailman installation, to a 2.1.14 installation, and run bin/update to update data from 2.1.9 to 2.1.14? I assume bin/update will make any necessary changes to data structures, from 2.1.9 to 2.1.14?

Here is why I am doing this:

I took a Mailman 2.1.9 installation from Solaris (everything Mailman is under a single prefix directory) and copied it to A Linux system. I ran make install from Mailman 2.1.14 source, which did `make upgrade' as part of the installation. After some testing, I would like to copy current list and archive data to the Mailman 2.1.14 (Linux) system, at which time that system will become production.

Thanks,

Ivan.

.