[Mailman-Users] Mail to list delivers into a local mailbox instead of the list

Ron Aaron ron at ronware.org
Thu Feb 3 14:40:33 CET 2011

I've got an "ispconfig3" based Ubuntu 10.10 server installation, running
postfix.  The mail server works perfectly.

I wish to add mailman to the setup, and am hitting a brick wall.  I've looked
all over for clues, but no luck so far.

I created a new domain "lists.my.dom", where the "my.dom" is the actual doman.
In postfix "main.cf"  I added a special "/etc/mailman/transport" which has the
single line:

     lists.my.dom   mailman:

The default setup of master.cf already has an appropriate mailman line in it.

I also have the "recipient_delimiter", "owner_request_special" and
"mailman_destination_recipient_limit" set as per the FAQs I've read.  I also
have "virtual_alias_domains" set to lists.my.dom, because without it postfix
doesn't seem to recognize mail to that domain.

I've got mm_cfg.py set for POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS , and have tried both
MTA=None and MTA-Postfix to no avail.

What happens is that incoming mail for say, 'test at lists.my.dom' is accepted,
and eventually gets sent by postfix t' test at my.dom', which ends up being just
another virtual user.  Of course, that's not what I need to happen.

Anybody have a clue for me?

Thank you very much,
Ron

--
For privacy, my GPG key signature is: AD29415D