[Mailman-Users] contact email incorrect

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Fri Dec 30 21:50:22 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 12:42:18PM -0600, Eric Hansen wrote:
> Installed mailman and have confirmed that everything works fine…except the
> “If you are having trouble using the lists, please contact
> mailman at example.com.” doesn’t send an email that I can find anywhere on the
> server or in my accounts…any thoughts on how to fix this?

Check your logs: there may be a delivery attempt to the 'mailman'
list, which I'd guess has no members, and may have posting
restrictions in effect.

Subscribe yourself to the mailman (site-)list, check the sender
filters, and try again?

(If you're using a competent MTA (^___^),

    'exim -D -bt mailman at example.com',

may be useful.)

I'm presuming here that you've obfuscated your domain, and aren't from
the IANA.

--
If all else fails, immortality can always
be assured by spectacular error.