[Mailman-Users] when renaming a virtual domain the listinfo command can't show list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 29 18:11:31 CET 2011

On 12/29/2011 2:13 AM, Peter Sørensen wrote:

> The only links that is using the new domain is on the overview page and when linking to the archives.
>
> If I put this into the config file:
>
> web_page_url = 'http://mymailserver.sdu.dk/mailman'
>
> The links are correct.

Now I am thoroughly confused. I thought the original issue was that you
wanted the list to be in the newdomain.sdu.dk domain so you did

withlist -l -r fix_url testsdu -u newdomain.sdu.dk

and then the list didn't appear on the listinfo overview. But, you had
(or put) VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Off in mm_cfg.py, and the list was then
on the overview, but now the issue is that the links on the overview and
for the archive had the newdomain.sdu.dk host and you apparently wanted
them to have the mymailserver.sdu.dk host.

So the question is why did you run

withlist -l -r fix_url testsdu -u newdomain.sdu.dk

in the first place, since all it does is effectively set

web_page_url = 'http://newdomain.sdu.dk/mailman'

and set the list's host_name to the corresponding email domain.

By running the withlist command and then setting the host in
web_page_url back to mymailserver.sdu.dk, at most, all you have done is
change the list's email domain which you could have done in the first
place by just setting the list's host_name on the web admin General
Options page.