[Mailman-Users] Fruitless attempts to preserve HTML formatting while filtering other content.

Bas G. Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 14:34:33 CET 2011

Hello Mailman user forum members.

One of the lists I am moderating is the "European Gathering Forum" which can
be found via this link: http://european.rainbowgathering.eu/
The exact link to the mailman list is:

Already for weeks, I have been trying to find out how to get through the list
HTML formatted messages in a responsible way: without transmitting virus
infected stuff, spyware, etc. After scrutinising the FAQ pages and previous
threads with similar subjects, I found a page which seems to contain exactly
what I am looking for:
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=11960323
This page contains suggestions how to preserve HTML formatting while filtering
other content.

As much as I can, I have been trying to follow those instructions: so far
fruitlessly. By example a trial mail sent yesterday looks like the screen-shot
in this file: http://rainbowgathering.eu/trialmail-attempt.pdf
But each list member has received the trial message with "HTML attachments
scrubbed". See this screen shot:
http://rainbowgathering.eu/trialmail-result.pdf

That's why I am wondering whether I overlooked something in the "content
filtering settings". Be so kind to look at another screen-shot and provide me
with your feedback. The screen-shot I refer to is this one:
http://rainbowgathering.eu/Content-filtering.pdf

At present, I am using Mailman version 2.1.9. The mailing list has been
created via a "Plesk" control panel: the one I use to administer the domain
"RainbowGathering.eu". The exact name of this control panel is:
"Parallels Plesk Panel 10.2"

I really would appreciate your feedback. Respectfully yours,

Bas Roufs.

--
====
Bas G. Roufs MA