[Mailman-Users] Digests stop being sent after a few days if the Mailman interface is changed to Japanese

菊地時夫 tokio.kikuchi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 01:29:18 CEST 2011

Hello,

> If anyone has any advice or suggestions (in either English or
> Japanese!) that might help me solve this problem, I would be very glad
> to hear them. Although this is the first time I have posted to this
> list about this, it is a problem that has been occurring for quite
> some time, so it would be a great relief to be able to get it
> resolved.

Will you please read the summary of problems when mailman is used in
Japanese environment:
http://www.python.jp/doc/contrib/mailman/siteadmin.html#id21

The problem lies in that while the Japanese characters which are usable
in computers are expanding and most Japanese are using them with
extended JIS (iso-2022-jp) code system but the IANA standard for
iso-2022-jp has stopped at 1980's and Python codec is strict on IANA.

The best solution I believe is to upgrade your mailman to Japanese
adapted mailman and enable 'iso2022jpfix' in mm_cfg.py.
http://www.python.jp/doc/contrib/mailman/releases.html

Regards,

Tokio Kikuch, tokio.kikuchi at gmail.com tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp