[Mailman-Users] Looking for lists with no members. Repopulstinglists. was: Resetting bounce scores globally

Steff Watkins s.watkins at nhm.ac.uk
Fri Aug 19 11:38:54 CEST 2011

> Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 1:40 AM
> To: Steven Jones; mailman-users at python.org
> Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Looking for lists with no
> members. Repopulstinglists. was: Resetting bounce scores globally
>
> Steven Jones wrote:
> >
> >Is there a way to scan my 440 lists and look for lists with
> no subscribers?  it seems my localhost ipv6 problem has
> caused at least one list to be emptied of all subscribers by
> the bounce processing.....so I have had to re-populate it.

In the great spirit of "Me too!"-ism, here's my offering of a little
script I use with my local mailman setup:

=====
#!/usr/bin/perl
$MAILMAN_BASEDIR='/usr/local/mailman';
open(FOO,"$MAILMAN_BASEDIR/bin/list_lists -b |");
while ($line=<FOO>) {
 chomp($line);
 print("==> $line: ");
 chomp($line);
 open(FO1,"$MAILMAN_BASEDIR/bin/list_members $line|");
  @Members=<FO1>;
 close(FO1);
 $Count=$#Members+1;
 print("$Count\n");
}
close(FOO);
=====

Save it as a text file, chmod it +x, check that the perl call points to
the right place and $MAILMAN_BASEDIR likewise.

Pretty pedestrian, not very pretty output but it works.

Steff
-----