[Mailman-Users] mailman talking on ipv6 loopback

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Aug 18 06:15:29 CEST 2011

Steven Jones writes:

 > I just upgrade Mailman but for some reason it seems to be talking
 > to postfix on ::1 and postfix does a relay deny....For mailman is
 > this normal?  Or do I have a misconfiguration?

I gather that you had a working Mailman installation that stopped
working on upgrade.  If it formerly worked with Mailman talking on
IPv4 loopback, and now it doesn't because it's on IPv6, then Postfix
is probably misconfigured.  You need to tell it that IPv6 loopback is
just as much "localhost" as IPv4 loopback is.

Otherwise, you need to provide more information.