[Mailman-Users] User management via email?

Mailman Admin mailman-admin at uni-konstanz.de
Wed Aug 10 16:24:36 CEST 2011

Hi Glenn Sieb

On 08/10/2011 03:00 AM, Glenn Sieb wrote:
> On 8/3/11 2:35 PM, Chase, Edward wrote:
>> I thought that I had done this task as part of my initial testing,
>> but I cannot find that I documented that at all.  My Google-fu is
>> coming up very empty on the subject.  I've found a number of people
>> asking the same question with few replies.  The best I found was a
>> *dated* web page that states that user management is only possible
>> via the web interface.
>>
>> Is it possible to do user management via email at this time?

Not user management, but you can subscribe via email.

You have to send a mail with FROM: set to the address you want to
subscribe, TO: set to listname-request at servername.domain and Subject set
to subscribe.

The used address will get a confirmation request.
On responding to that request it gets subscribed.

Perhaps this is sufficient for you.

Kind regards,
Christian Mack