[Mailman-Users] "No subject" archive entries found after arch

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Aug 9 05:05:34 CEST 2011

Chad Rebuck wrote:

>That worked perfectly.  I've also located a handful of mbox files from
>when the list was using a different domain and a different listserv
>application.  Is there a way to import these multiple mbox list
>archive messages into my mail archive?

bin/arch --wipe listname [/path/to/mbox]

will initialize the archive with the messages in /path/to/mbox or the
default archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox if no path is
given.

Without the --wipe option, the messages in the mbox will be added to
the archive.

So you can maintain the separate mbox files and initialize the archive
from one and add the rest. If you do that, it is best to process the
default archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox last so that if
you ever rebuild the archive, you can process the files in the same
order and maintain the message numbers in the archive.

Or, you can simply concatenate the mbox files into a single, large
archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox file and then run

bin/arch --wipe listname.

Having done this myself both ways multiple times, I prefer the latter
method.