[Mailman-Users] Two questions ref virtual hosts and mailman[SOLVED (so far)]

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Aug 6 00:56:13 CEST 2011

Tom Browder wrote:

>Aha, I think all works now.  What I did was comment out this line in
>/etc/postfix/main.cf:
>
>#relay_recipient_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

OK. That's one more issue with the package you're using and its use of
postfix-to-mailman.py. In order for the above relay_recipient_maps to
work as apparently intended, you would need to have

MTA = 'Postfix'
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['virtual-1.org', 'virtual-2.org']

in mm_cfg.py so that Mailman will actually generate the
/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman(.db) files for Postfix to use as
relay_recipient_maps, but this would still be an incomplete solution
because the "postmaster" and "abuse" and other 'special' addresses
that postfix-to-mailman.py recognizes will not be included in
virtual-mailman, and thus those addresses in the list domains will be
rejected by Postfix.

Also, I fail to understand why a packager would configure Mailman to
uses postfix-to-mailman.py but still require half or more of standard
Mailman/Postfix integration to work as configured.