[Mailman-Users] cannot update regular_include_lists

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Mon Apr 11 18:56:52 CEST 2011

upgraded mailman 2.1.14 (on suse 11.3 with bundled python 2.6)

In addition to the unwanted behaviour with accept_these_nonmembers
described in a previous post, I'm getting strange behaviour with
regular_include_lists

I want to make an umbrella listtwo lists, pseudoastro of which I'm the
only member, and
pseudotecno (with a colleague as member, and me as non member). Ideally I'd
want to set up a list as template and then work for all others (we will have
some 6 DISJOINCT lists with categories of our staff, we want to be able that
members of each can post to any other [and in addition to set up some umbrella
lists])

Notation

@ pseudoastro
@ pseudotecno

fails at web level entry (Error: Invalid value for variable:
accept_these_nonmembers)

Notation (with a blank between @ and list name)
@  pseudoastro
@  pseudotecno

gives an entry in the error log

   *_these_nonmembers in pseudotecno references non-existent list  pseudoastro
   *_these_nonmembers in pseudotecno references non-existent list  pseudotecno

I tried capitalizing the first letter, adding the host and domain, using
a notation list_host.domain (according to a posting found on the net), but in
all cases I get the "non-existent list" error !!

What's the correct syntax ?

(and by the way ... are those checks to be considered effective as antispam
measures ? do they just use the value of the header From field (which can be
faked) or use info from the SMTP dialogue ?