[Mailman-Users] regarding specific mail ids

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 7 20:53:43 CEST 2011

Arun Gupta wrote:

>According to my scenario please see following points
>
>test at example.com: mikel at example.com, jolly at example.com, clark at example.com

Do you mean

test at example.com: mikel at example.com, tina at example.com, clark at example.com

>(these are the member of the list)

>1. If xyz at example.com sent mail to test at example.com then only
>mikel at example.com & tina at example.com will get the mails
>

>2. But if arun at example.com sent mail to test at example.com then all the
>member (mikel at example.com, tina at example.com, clark at example.com) will get
>the mails.
>
>I do not make 2 lists according to your suggestion, and also i do not want
>configure with regexp matches on the Subject: or Keywords, means i am
>concentrating on the poster based.
>
>Please elaborate about this scenario.

As I indicated previously, I think your requirements necessate at a
minimum, a custom handler to replace the standard
Mailman/Handlers/CalcRecips.py for this list, and some way for this
handler to know which list members should receive which poster's
posts. Implementation of custom handlers in general is discussed in
the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/l4A9>. The details of the
implimentation of a handler to meet your requirements are beyond the
scope of the mailman-*@python.org lists.

On the other hand, If it is acceptable for the list members themselves
to determine whose posts they receive, you could do this with topics
by defining a topic for each poster and making a custom version of
Mailman/Handlers/Tagger.py for this list which would tag each post
with that poster's topic.

Then the list members could subscribe to the topics of the posters thay
want to receive.

The modified Tagger would be fairly simple. Just change the logic which
matches topic regexps against Subject: and Keywords: headers to match
against the From: header instead.