[Mailman-Users] mailman not validate namelist

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 7 04:06:01 CEST 2011

marcos gonzalez wrote:

>I have diferent mailman lists mounted and I detected a problem making tests
>to access, If I use telnet using other mailserver (mailserver.es) I receive
>this information:
>
>telnet mail.mydomain.com 25
>Trying 84.88.68.66...
>Connected to mail.mydomain.com.
>Escape character is '^]'.
>220 jupiter.mydomain.com ESMTP Postfix (Ubuntu)
>ehlo hola
>250-jupiter.mydomain.com
>250-PIPELINING
>250-SIZE 20240000
>250-VRFY
>250-ETRN
>250-STARTTLS
>250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
>250-8BITMIME
>250 DSN
>mail from: <jorge.garcia at mailserver.es>
>250 2.1.0 Ok
>rcpt to: <wronglist at lists.mydomain.com>
>250 2.1.5 Ok
>data
>354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
>subject: test
>test
>.
>250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 078C028A502
>quit
>221 2.0.0 Bye
>Connection closed by foreign host.
>
>but wronglist not exist. How it's possible this? Im using postfix making a
>relay, If you need I can pass postconf.

If this postfix is relaying to another server, it doesn't know that the
address is not valid on the other server until it tries to deliver it
unless you configure it to call ahead to verify the address. I think
you can do that if you want, but this is entirely a postfix question
in any case and would be better pursued on a postfix list.