[Mailman-Users] recover mail archive

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 29 15:46:55 CEST 2010

Schwartz, Robert - IS wrote:

>My website recently crashed and we are moving it to a new hosting site.  Is the mail archive backed up on your server?  I would like to rebuild the archive once our site is back up and running.  The address is m-c-b.org

The only back-ups would be those made by the hosting service that
hosted your Mailman list. This is not us.

Mailman maintains a cumulative archive in mailbox format in the file
archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox in Mailman's tree on the
hosting server. This file can be used by Mailman's bin/arch tool to
rebuild the HTML archive.

You need to contact your former hosting site to get the LISTNAME.mbox
file if you can.