[Mailman-Users] Making every subscriber get the digest

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 28 19:05:06 CEST 2010

Rob Brandt wrote:

>Hi.  I have a list where the moderators have asked that every subscriber
>be switched to the digest version.  How do I do this, short of a few
>hundred clicks in the UI?  I'm thinking withlist, but don't see any
>examples...

There is a script at <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/set_nodigest.py>
which does the opposite - sets the list non-digestable and switches
all the digest members to regular. That may help.

Here's an actual interactive withlist which just switches all
non-digest members to digest without setting/changing the digestable
and non_digestable attributes.

[mark at sbh16 mailman]$ bin/withlist -l gpc-test
The variable `m' is the gpc-test MailList instance
>>> from Mailman import mm_cfg
>>> for member in m.getRegularMemberKeys():
...     m.setMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.Digests, 1)
>>> m.Save()

Unlocking (but not saving) list: gpc-test
Finalizing
[mark at sbh16 mailman]$