[Mailman-Users] BATV and Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Sep 23 03:53:26 CEST 2010

Christopher Adams wrote:

>I have had a couple of list subscribers fail to post message to their
>lists. I tracked down the logs and this seems to be the common theme.
>I Googled prvs= and found info on BATV. Does Mailman not play well
>with this or am I not quite understanding what this means?
>
><prvs=288122D8EB=email at anywhere.com>: Sender address rejected:
>undeliverable address: host senders.mailserver.com[xxx.xx.xxx.xx]
>said: 550 5.1.1

Where is this message? Is this from a DSN returned to the subscriber
for his failed post? Is this a message in your outgoing MTA log or a
DSN regarding a failed delivery to the user?

Is the user's post rejected before reaching Mailman or is mail from
Mailman not being delivered to the user?

Please clarify and describe in more detail exactly what's going on?