[Mailman-Users] Bounce notification when automatic bounceprocessing is not selected.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 22 05:48:35 CEST 2010

Robert M. Jenney wrote:

>Is it possible to receive bounce information when automatic bounce
>processing is not selected? Mailman says, ". bounce messages will still be
>discarded so that the list administrator isn't inundated with them."
>However, as list administrator, I'd like to receive them. Thanks, Bob Jenney

If you don't want automated bounce processing, but you want the list
admin to see the bounces, you need to change the

listname-bounces: "|/path/to/mailman/mail/mailman bounces listname"

alias to either go to a specific address or to be

listname-bounces: "|/path/to/mailman/mail/mailman owner listname"

so that bounces are treated as mail to the owner.

If your MTA delivers Mailman mail programmatically you need to change
that process in an equivalent way or override it with an alias.