[Mailman-Users] Can't change settings in Web Interface

Oliver Schad oliver.schad at oschad.de
Mon Sep 20 17:41:27 CEST 2010

Am Monday 20 September 2010 schrieb mir Mark Sapiro:
> On 9/19/2010 1:37 PM, Oliver Schad wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've migrated an existing mailman list from one system to another
> > with a complete different linux distribution.
> >
> > I changed the domain also and everything works fine. But the Web-
> > doesn't accept changes. I found no error message anywhere. The Web
> > Interface shows all information, I can log in. But I can't make any
> > change. Commandline tools works fine too.
>
> Is this the case for new lists too? Did you run fix_url on the migrated
> lists?

Yes, I did. The URL inside mails from the lists are ok.

> > This looks like a permission problem I thought so I checked the
> > permissions manually and with the script "check_perms". It fixed some
> > permissions and doesn't like symlinks like in debian what I'm using,
> > so it only checks the permissions of the symlink itselfs not the
> > target.
>
> But it fixes the target and then continues to complain about the
> symlink, so there should actually be no problem.

Ok, sounds a little bit strange.

> > I've checked the targets manually and everything seems to be ok.
> >
> > I need a way to debug this problem, any ideas?
>
> See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/ioA9>.

I can't see a difference to what I did. I added "VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
" to /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py and restartet Mailman but I can't see a
difference.

Is there no (easy) way to follow the request inside so I can debug step by
step?

Regards
Oli