[Mailman-Users] Mailman automatically unsubscribe user withoutpermission

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Sep 19 16:28:23 CEST 2010

eagseek wrote:

>We have a mailman mailing list system. Everything works fine except for one
>mainling list.
>
>For this mailing list, whenever a new user is added to the member list, that
>user will receive two welcome emails with two different passwords first. And
>you can search and find that user in the members list under the mailing list
>administration page. Then after a few minutes, the user will receive two
>emails saying "You are unsubscribed from the mailing list blah". At this
>point search for that user in the members list under the mailing list
>administration page, no result is returned. This means this user is
>automatically deleted from the members list by the mailman.

We need more information to be definitive, but I'm guessing this has
something to do with the list's bounce processing and some kind of
autoresponse from the user(s)

What are the list's bounce processing settings? I'm guessing maybe

bounce_processing = Yes
bounce_score_threshold <= 1.0
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings = 0

resulting in immediate removal on the first bounce.

What's in Mailman's 'subscribe' and 'bounce' logs. If this is a hosted
server, you'll have to ask the hosting service for help with this.

What is in the MTA logs regarding messages to and from Mailman during
this time?

What Mailman version is this?