[Mailman-Users] spooling question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 14 22:26:29 CEST 2010

Dan Young wrote:

>  The files are .pck
>Looking at them they appear to be posts waiting to be sent since
>mailman has stopped sending. I just need to make sure none get sent
>when I restart mailman as has happened in the past.
>
>The version is 2.1.9
>
>Still do as suggested?

Yes. Stop Mailman; remove or move aside the /var/spool/*/*.pck files
you don't want sent, and start Mailman.

Note, if the problem is a stale list lock (see
<http://wiki.list.org/x/noA9>) probably, just removing the stale lock
without stoping and starting Mailman will solve it, but you would
still want to remove or move aside the /var/spool/*/*.pck files before
removing the lock.