[Mailman-Users] spooling question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 14 21:37:45 CEST 2010

Dan Young wrote:
>    Not concerned about the lock since it only happened once in a year. But
>some of the posts are time sensitive and in the /var/spool/in directory
>I see some that
>are a week old and I do not want them to send if I restart mailman.

If they are .bak files and Mailman is restarted, they will be
reprocessed?

>    If I just delete these and restart mailman can I be comfortably
>assured that and posts
>received after the issue will not be sent?
>
>  Another option may be to empty the membership and restart then re-pop
>the membership.
>I just don't want anything old to send.

What is the current issue?

I suggest stopping Mailman entirely. Then you can use bin/dumpdb or
bin/show_qfiles to examint the various /var/spool/in and other
/var/spool/* Mailman queue entries and any you don't want can be
removed or moved elsewhere. Then start Mailman and the stuf you
removed or moved aside will not be further processed.