[Mailman-Users] Questions on subscription page.

JRC Groups joemailgroups at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 09:59:01 CEST 2010

Hello, everyone.

Please forgive me if my question seems rather basic to most on this list. I
am new to Mailman and am just now beginning to implement my own mail lists.

I would like to implement my own web page as part of a website I am
designing so those interested can subscribe from this page or in case this
isn't possible be redirected to another page external to my website where
they can subscribe.

Do you have any suggestions, instructions and sample designs on how to
implement this subscription page that I can use for reference ?

My idea is to establish discussion lists that will be semi-moderated and to
allow those interested to subscribe automatically so that the process
doesn't require my approval. Most lists I have joined in the past have
always made the subscription process dependent on the confirmation of an
e-mail reply from the e-mail address the subscriber provides at the time of
subscription. Is this the way Mailman handles the subscription of new
members ? How exactly is this configured ?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Joe