[Mailman-Users] checkdbs memory usage at 32%/33% (pretty urgent)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Sep 4 18:57:34 CEST 2010

salsero72 wrote:

>my installation of mailman seems to load the server a lot, causing swap
>usage (at least 50%)
>
>And mail do not get delivered to users..

I think these are separate issues. Regarding memory see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/94A9>. Regarding mail delivery see
<http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9>.

>The TOP command shows   checkdbs memory usage at 32%/33%  always,

checkdbs is run once daily by cron (default at 08:00). It should run
for a few minutes at most and then terminate. If you always have a
checkdbs running, something is wrong. How many lists in the
installation? What size lists?

Do you have a problem with stale locks? See the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/noA9>.

There is an issue with list caching in the qrunners that can cause the
qrunners to grow excessively large. See the post at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2010-March/069078.html>
for more information and a patch.