[Mailman-Users] Cannot set digest mode via URL

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 3 20:34:00 CEST 2010

W. Curtis Preston wrote:

>All I can say is http://www.backupcentral.com/ha.mp3 !!!!
>
>It works!  Thank you so much for your help with this!
>
>The following URL will set an existing user's digest flag on and nothing
>else:
>http://domain.com/mailman/admin/listname/members?user=user%2540gmail.com&user%2540gmail.com_digest=1&setmemberopts_btn=1&adminpw=password
>
>The opposite (digest=0) doesn't turn it off.  I don't need it for me, but I
>am curious about your thoughts on that, as I plan to help update the FAQ
>with what we've learned here.

Actually, the way the code works (and it works that way because of the
way most browsers work) setting a key to any value, e.g.
user%2540gmail.com_digest=1 or even user%2540gmail.com_digest=0 will
set the corresponding option on. To set an option off for a user you
just include "user=user%2540gmail.com" and omit the
user%2540gmail.com_<option> setting entirely.

Note that this means that

http://domain.com/mailman/admin/listname/members?user=user%2540gmail.com&setmemberopts_btn=1&adminpw=password

will effectively uncheck all the checkboxes for the user. Those that
you want checked such as perhaps nodupes and plain need to be
explicitly mentioned as in

http://domain.com/mailman/admin/listname/members?user=user%2540gmail.com&user%2540gmail.com_nodupes=1&user%2540gmail.com_digest=1&user%2540gmail.com_plain=1&setmemberopts_btn=1&adminpw=password