[Mailman-Users] Bad/Invalid email address

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 1 16:45:16 CEST 2010

Fabien COMBERNOUS wrote:

>I'm using a domain name in my LAN. This domain is used only in my LAN
>and it is a root domain, ie no dot added. A mail is foo at domain, not
>foo at domain.lan.
>
>We mailman does not want to subscribe mail like foo at domain ?

Mailman minimally checks email addresses for syntactic validity. One of
the checks is that the domain have at least one dot. If you want to
allow domains with no dot, find the definition of ValidateEmail in
Mailman/Utils.py and delete or comment the two lines

    if len(domain_parts) < 2:
        raise Errors.MMBadEmailError, s