[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1.14 new features

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Wed Oct 20 14:53:30 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 03:46:31PM +0200, Alessandro Bruchi wrote:
> Do you know when mailman 2.1.14 will be included as package in some debian distribution?

The XSS patch, per 2010-September's announcement, seems to now be in
Debian's repositories:

    http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-mailman-hackers/2010-October/003355.html

    http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-mailman-hackers/2010-October/003360.html
    (et. seq.)

and

    http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-mailman-hackers/2010-October/003369.html

It appears that 'official' Mailman packages for lenny are a wee bit
behind upstream.

I believe others on this list use the Umbungo packages on lenny
(Debian 5), without too many difficulties. YMMV.

(I don't really have the time to take on debian package maint, at the
moment.)

--
"Life was simple before World War II. After that, we had systems."
    -- Grace Hopper