[Mailman-Users] can't display list config

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 15:31:13 CEST 2010

Hi list,

I'm getting errors while trying to dump the config of a mailing list to
a text file.

/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list -o listname listname

[...]

# For backwards compatibility with Mailman 1.1, if the regexp does not
# contain an `@', then the pattern is matched against just the local
# part of the recipient address.  If that match fails, or if the pattern
# does contain an `@', then the pattern is matched against the entire
# recipient address.
#
# Matching against the local part is deprecated; in a future release,
# the pattern will always be matched against the entire recipient
# address.
acceptable_aliases =
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list", line 362, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list", line 355, in main
    do_output(listname, outfile)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list", line 131, in do_output
    do_list_categories(mlist, k, subcat, outfp)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list", line 183, in
do_list_categories
    lines = value.splitlines()
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'splitlines'

I must add to this that we have a very large number (24000+) of mailing
lists.  I'm not sure if that matters, but we've had problems with the
webinterface, which doesn't display the full list of mailing lists.
list_lists works fine though, and it also doesn't seem to matter if I
try this with a list from the top or from the bottom of the "list of lists".

I'd try to fix this myself but unfortunately I don't speak Python...

-- No part of this copyright message may be reproduced, read or seen,
dead or alive or by any means, including but not limited to telepathy
without the benevolence of the author.