[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.14 Multiple Owner(s) Patch - Problem

Barry Finkel b19141 at anl.gov
Mon Oct 4 21:02:28 CEST 2010

I wrote last week about a problem I was having with Mailman 2.1.14
and Mark Sapiro's multi-owner patch.  I am not going to include my mail
and Mark's response here; I will summarize.

I created some test lists, and each had only one owner.   Mark could
not reproduce the error.

I ran some more tests, and I discovered that the procedure I was using

     /usr/sbin/newlist  ...
     config_list -i ...

was in error because the list template file I was using in the

     config_list -i ...

had not been changed to include the second owner address, so the
second address created by the

     /usr/sbin/newlist ...

command was indeed in the list configuration until the subsequent

     config_list -i ...

reset the list owner to a single address.  I created a new test list
with an updated template file, and the new list does indeed have two
owners.

Since the patch code does not check the second and subsequent owner
e-mail addresses for syntax, the patch is not ready to be put into
the production code, I assume.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 240, Room 5.B.8             Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov