[Mailman-Users] !st time install help

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Nov 26 21:10:05 CET 2010

THANK YOU!  Mailman list is now created...

On 11/26/2010 12:19 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>

>> I am making some progress.  I am still getting the error below running
>> /usr/lib/mailman/bin/newlist mailman
>>
>> But I now have mailman.conf linked into my /etc/http/conf.d right so
>> that if I provide the URL  http://mailman.foo.com/mailman, I get taken
>>
>> We're sorry, we hit a bug!
>>

> And what is the traceback from this that you'll find in Mailman's error
> log?
>
> (more below)
>

>> On 11/25/2010 03:39 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>
> [...]
>
>>> I edit
>>>
>>> /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py
>>>
>>> to setup my default URL:
>>>
>>> DEFAULT_URL_HOST   =  mailman.foo.com
>>> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = foo.com
>>>

> As you note below, these need to be quoted as
>
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST   =  'mailman.foo.com'
> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'foo.com'
>
> Also, assuming they are not identical to the defaults in Defaults.py,
> you also need to add
>
> add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>
> following the above definitions, and while it is not required, it is
> good practice to remove the entry that was created by Defaults.py so
> the whole thing should be as the following 4 lines in mm_cfg.py
>
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST   =  'mailman.foo.com'
> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'foo.com'
> VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
> add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)

I added these lines and the script ran to create the mailman list.  And
the URL

http://mailman.foo.com/mailman works.

Now is there a REASONABLE way to just make the URL
http://mailman.foo.com (leaving archives at I think it is suppose to be
http://mailman.foo.com/archives)?