[Mailman-Users] Can't access list archives

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 23 02:22:07 CET 2010

Jeff Bernier wrote:

>On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 8:35 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
>
>> What happens when you try to log in?
>
>When I try to log in, nothing happens. I'm just left at the archives auth
>screen with blank entry fields. I made sure I have cookies enabled. I have
>tried with both IE and FireFox.

Does the resultant page have an "Authorization Failed" or other message
at the top?

I assume that you can successfully log in to the web admin and admindb
interfaces for this list.

If the URL you're using to access the archive of this list exactly the
same as the admin or admindb URL except for admin or admindb being
replaced with private?

If you view the source of the archive login page, is the ACTION= URL in
the FORM tag also exactly the same as the admin or admindb URL except
for admin or admindb being replaced with private?

The FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/ioA9> may be relevant, but that
would also affect login to the web admin and admindb interface.