[Mailman-Users] post as administrator

MK halfcountplus at intergate.com
Fri Nov 19 20:43:07 CET 2010

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 07:24:45 -0800
Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
> What you have done works OK, but it is subject to unauthorized posts
> from someone spoofing your address which will be well known if your
> list is not anonymous.

It is anonymous, but it is not too many steps from someone making the
connection, and since I am promising users no spam: thanks much for
that point!

A more secure way to post is to not put your
> address in accept_these_nonmembers, and post with an Approved:
> <password> header. See the "How to post to the announcement list"
> section at <http://wiki.list.org/x/3YA9>.

Thanks again.  Since I am lazy and the list will be very seldom used
anyway, I think I will just delete my address from
accept_these_nonmembers except temporarily when there needs to be an
announcement.  But it is nice to at least know about "the right way".

--
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)