[Mailman-Users] Approved message is discarded

Andre van Kan andrevk at nikhef.nl
Sat Nov 13 13:12:18 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 07:48 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> >> I understand that, but the data/heldmsg* file could have been removed
> >
> > I never found any heldmsg* on the system, nor any complaint
> > that such a file could not be written. Maybe could an strace of
> > the appropriate qrunner be of some help?

I should have firstly explained the consistency of our recently
installed mailsystem: three separate IP-clusters (!) cooperate to
handle our e-mail and except for MM they perform very well.
(btw, it was designed and installed by an external party)

 - cluster 1: runs the MTA (Postfix) and MM
 - cluster 2: runs Horde and the MM-webinterface
 - cluster 3: runs Cyrus-imapd

Cluster 1 and 2 share - via NFS - the MM-lists etc. I found out however
that data/heldms* was only available on cluster 1.
>From the moment that I shared this directory between cluster 1 and 2 the
approved messages were visible with the admin webinterface and approving
resulted in a transfer of the messages to cluster2:/var/spool/mailman/in
and are waiting there for the things to come.
So the problem is partly solved, albeit that the messages still are not
delivered, supposedly because cluster 1 should be able to transfer the
messages to cluster 3, the IMAP-server (?).
So I want to share the directory cluster2:/var/spool/mailman/in with
cluster 1 since this cluster is configured to send the messages to the
IMAP-server.
Does this sound reasonable to you, or should cluster 2 itself better be
configured to send the approved messages to the IMAP-server directly?

Thank you for your time and useful hints &c.

Regards,

      Andre van Kan